'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Monday 7 June 2010

BAFTA, you beauty

One journalist commented that the TV BAFTA Awards dresses were like a human chess board. Yes, there was a lot of black, white and on-trend nudes, but I don't think there's anything wrong with taking 'Black Tie' literally for an occasion like this. Not when you look this hot...


Ruth Wilson, undoubtedly one of my favourite young actresses on t'telly opted for Armani. While you could argue that such a starlet could have her pick of any up-and-coming designers (Erdem can do no wrong in my eyes right now) and her look is a smudge too gothic for a June awards do, I just think the ruffles, waist band and asymmetrical cut piss all over what you'd normally call an LBD (little boring dress). Yes, she's played it safe with a classic designer, but there's a subtle edginess to the gown and coupled with her tousled hair, she looks comfortable in her own skin.

So a thumbs up to Ruth, and an even bigger thumbs up to (at the risk of sounding like Gok Wan) my girl Vicky! My lovely house mate wore a beautiful royal blue dress that belonged to her mum in the 1970s and doesn't she look stunning, amazing and gorgeous... I'm hoping the more flattering adjectives I use, the more likely it is she'll let me borrow it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment