'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Tuesday 9 February 2010

Valentine's anyone?

Valentine's Day. First thought. Hate it. Second thought. Here's a little something to warm your heart.


It's a shopping list written on the back of a grocery receipt dating back to 14 February 1934. Almost makes me want to prepare a meal of clams and pumpkin come Sunday. And I'm a total cynic... I'm sure Paper Dress Vintage won't mind me sharing it. And I should probably add they've got lots of pretty things should you be in a Valentine's gifts buying mood. They have an ace new website too.

Here's something I wouldn't have automatically tied in with the big V... Jewellery designer Tom Binns' Alice in Wonderland collection in collaboration with Disney. Here's a couple of pieces.


Red hearts inspired by the red queen. He designed them to coincide with Tim Burton's long awaited and no-doubt fashion-fabulous film starring Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter. Not exactly child-friendly prices, not exactly adult-friendly either, but pretty unforgettable statement pieces.

Here's my vintage alternative, picked up in Little Red a few weeks back. Very un-Valentines, very me.


No comments:

Post a Comment