'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Friday 19 March 2010

Hooray Henry

No, I didn't think I'd ever picture Pixie Geldof in my blog either. But she's the face of the H! by Henry Holland line launched this week at Debenhams and as much as it pains me to admit it, she makes me shout out, 'Hooray Henry!'


Henry (friend to Agyness, Alexa, etc *yawn*) has always kind of gone a bit over my head. But the collection shows there's a lot more to him than the slogan tees I deliberately avoided. And they're a lot more affordable too. You can view the collection here.

Love the 'ditzy' florals (there's even a jumpsuit with my name on it), cute culottes and the checked plaid suit, above. Think it might be time to start sporting a new spring/summer wardrobe. I've resisted so far. It's still so bloody cold, if I do step out in a floral tea dress, there's usually a long-sleeved jumper underneath. Come on, I've only just discovered thermal underwear, it would be cruel to part with it so soon...

Some inspiration for the line is said to come from the characters in My So-Called Life. One of my all-time favourite shows, I'd say that's the sole reason for my new appreciation of Henry Holland. So this season, I'm channelling my inner Rayanne Graff. In the early nineties, I fancied myself as a Rayanne, sadly, I was more like Angela Chase's little sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment