'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Sunday 21 March 2010

Knickerbocker Glory


Navy harem sailor shorts, Topshop. Navy lace top, vintage. Sandals, vintage.

I've clearly spent too much time away from Topshop. And too much time avoiding harem pants. (I still maintain they're not flattering. On anyone.) But these harem-style shorts (or knickerbockers as my flatmate Ellen calls them...) are a perfect compromise and a perfect addition to the spring/summer wardrobe. I would have rather teamed them with a primary colour, but I was in Manchester for the night when I bought them (30 quid - bargain) with no tops and no other choice than to raid my sister's wardrobe, so navy lace it was.

I haven't consciously avoided Topshop, but I do have quite a love-hate relationship with the place. Whether that's because I feel about 50 next to the other shoppers born after 1995 or because the bigger the store the more repetitive the fashion seems, I can't work out, but it was a nice surprise to find so many interesting pretty but classic pieces. Spring has sprung.  

No comments:

Post a Comment