'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Tuesday 17 November 2009

The LGD (Little Green Dress)



It's that time of year again... When people are forced to go to pre-Christmas parties and 'mingle' with people they spend the rest of the year trying to avoid. When people drink too much and say far too much. When people feel guilty for spending extortionate amounts on dresses they wouldn't normally wear. This season, there are so many styles out there, we should be spared of the last one, at least.

Whether you go for draped or body con, maxi or mini, metallic or sequinned, ruffled or lace, there's enough there to blacklist the LBD, for gawd's sake. I'm adding a splash a colour with this little green dress I found in my favourite vintage shop, Little Red (based in Liverpool and owned by my friend Kate - I'll be dedicating many more entries to my purchases!). It's a little bit Ossie Clark, a little bit folky, a little bit lacy, and a little bit cute (Kate adjusts many items and made this one into a mini). And I won't be needing the dreaded Christmas party to show it off...

1 comment:

  1. That seems like a really versatile piece! Thanks BTW for following my blog. I'm now following yours :)

    ReplyDelete