'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Monday 25 January 2010

One for all


My love affair with jumpsuits started in Pepita Is Dead in Madrid last Spring and looks certain to come full circle in SS10 (what I haven't got yet is an eye-popping printed all-in-one. Hm, I need to go shopping...) For now, (it's only January after all) I think you can still get away with sequins and I love this black strapless jumpsuit with loose fitting, shiny harem-style pants from Little Red Vintage which I gave a test run on Saturday night.

The pants make me laugh because aside from skinny jeans, I don't ever wear trousers so it must have been an incredulous look that I shot my friend Toby when he said he thought I was wearing a top and trousers. Incredulous. A face I pull a lot (see above) and a face Michi Girl was probably pulling when she wrote about jumpsuits in her book, Like I Give A Frock.

'One girl's comfort zone is another's camel toe.' True, Michi, true. But sequins up top + harem pants down below = problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment