'A ball gown is your dream, and it must make you a dream... I think it is just as necessary in a woman's wardrobe as a suit. And it is wonderful for morale...' Christian Dior




Thursday 21 January 2010

Paparazzi


Flashing lights, click click clicking, stalkers amidst the crowds, after show parties, champagne on tap. Being famous has its pros and cons. While the very notion of 'celebrity' post-2000 baffles and often infuriates me, I do like a glass of fizz. But would you let the lady (who am I kidding) above, get her greasy hands on the canapes? I assume not, and at the National TV Awards, they didn't. Sadly all after show parties were reserved for 'winners and nominees'.

Not that I wasn't dressed the part. Was a bit self-conscious at first exposing so much leg, but I love this dress! The top part, covered in sequins is actually a leotard with shoulder-pads and the skirt is attached to the back and ties at the front, leaving a massive slit where, unless you're a member of the Hollyoaks cast or have ever stepped through the doors of Big Brother, you'll be needing some seriously thick tights. Mine let me down a bit as stretched to look more transparent than I was going for, but I won't hold it against M&S. Kate (at Little Red where I bought the dress) suggested teaming it with a bright colour of tights which I might do next time. From the back, it has the appearance of a long, sleek maxi dress.

Despite being told it was 'very Cheryl Cole' (not really what constitutes a compliment for me), she's better than most of the Z-list 'nominees', taking my place at the after show party, drinking my champagne...

No comments:

Post a Comment